Wednesday Book Groups. The Wednesday Book Groups are reading Always with Us?: What Jesus Really Said about the Poor by Liz Theoharis. This is a book suggestion from the PC(USA) Co-Moderators as they encourage thoughtful study in our larger church.
Co-Moderator Jan Edmiston writes about this book, “If you are prosperous and comfortable, read this book for the sake of your neighbors who are in need of support. If you are anxious and struggling, read this for the sake of your ability to trust in the God who loves us and wants abundant life for us all. If you are a follower of Jesus, read this because it clarifies what Jesus is calling us to do next. The only reason there are poor people among us is because we have failed to share, failed to listen, failed to protect, failed to support, failed to see each other as human beings created in the image of God. Do your eyes glaze over when people talk about the poor? Or is it possible, that we can imagine a world without poverty and hunger and homelessness? Please read this book and then talk about it with someone. God has granted us the power to speak up and change things in the name of Jesus.”
Contact the church office at 541-345-8724 for more information about the book groups. The group meets at two different times on Wednesday:
- Wednesdays @ 3:00 pm in the church Parlor.
- Wednesdays @ 6:15 pm in the church Parlor.
Monday Morning Bible Study. A small group meets in the church library every Monday at 11:00 am for Bible study. The group is self-led. As they read through a book of the Bible and discuss it, they share their lives and their faith with each other. Call the church office for more information, 541-345-8724.
Companions in Christ. Explore classic spiritual practices and develop new daily patterns that will open your life to a deepening relationship with God. This small group meets monthly on Thursdays 4:00-6:00 pm in the Church Parlor. In addition to the monthly meeting, participants are asked to commit to a half-hour each day of at-home reflection time, through readings by a recognized author in spiritual formation and some journal writing. You will need to purchase the Companions in Christ book, available through the church office. Contact the church at 541-345-8724 for more information
Presbyterian Women Circles. Three circles – study and fellowship groups — meet monthly. All three circles use the same Horizon Bible study materials.
- Miriam Circle meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 9:30 am in the Parlor. For information, call Nancy Richter, 541-357-4283.
- Hannah-Martha Circle meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 11:30 am in the Parlor. Members bring their own lunch and join together in study. For more information, contact Jane Holmes, 541-933-3324.
- Lydia Circle (for women and men) meets on the first Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm at the North Bank McMenamins Restaurant. 22 Club Road, Eugene. For more information, contact Rev. Jennifer Martin at the church office, 541-345-8724.