Reports to the Pastor
Supervises and Evaluates the Financial Secretary and the Maintenance, Custodial and Host Staff
Hours: 30 to 40 per week with some flexibility
Salary: $30,000 – 35,000 plus benefits based on qualifications (open to negotiation)
This position serves as the administrative secretary to the pastor, provides reception services in the office, and provides services to the church committees and congregation as detailed below.
Reception and Building Management
- Answers phone and directs calls. Greets building visitors and directs appropriately. Opens the office.
- Sorts and routes the daily mail
- Works with Pastoral Care and the taxi service for transport teams and taxi reservations
- Works with Church Properties to handle rental requests
- Oversees parking space rentals and payments
- Responsible for operation/repair of office equipment
- Orders office supplies
- Maintains and publishes the master calendar of church events and meetings of church and community groups in the building
- Maintains the church website and other social media
- Produce and post the church newsletter each month
- Produce the Annual Report
- Attend staff meetings
Church program support
- Produce the Sunday bulletin and announcement page weekly with input from the pastor, committee chairs, and the music director.
- Produce special service bulletins as needed
- Assist committee chairpersons with announcements, copying materials, ordering curriculum, creating brochures.
- Maintain church records under the supervision of the Clerk of Session
- Maintain the church database and produce reports and directories as requested
- Maintain the visitation records of the deacons and pastoral care team and communicate pastoral concerns appropriately
- Experience/training in office management
- Computer knowledge/experience with Windows systems
- Good skills with word processing, spreadsheets, communications software, database systems
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated receptionist skills
- Staff members are CPR certified and receive defibrillator training
- Staff members follow our protection for children and vulnerable adults and sexual misconduct policies
- Some lifting for office supplies may be needed
We seek someone who can:
- Be dependable in performing these duties with flexibility to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Work well with volunteers and offer appreciation of their input.
- Demonstrate an understanding and support of the mission, values, and beliefs of Central Presbyterian Church
- Demonstrate skills of active listening and accepting of supervision.
- As a supervisor, can engage in conflict resolution.
- Engage with others with a spirit of compassion and cooperation.
- Work effectively with the staff to coordinate and support the church ministry.
Note: This description is intended to represent key areas of responsibility. It is not meant to be all inclusive and does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Nothing in this description restricts Central’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Job descriptions may occasionally be updated, as necessary, to reflect evolving needs.
TO APPLY: Please submit the following:
- Cover letter telling why you want to be considered for this position.
- Position closes Friday, May 3, 2019.
Please send all application packets to the attention of Rev. Jennifer Martin, Central Presbyterian Church, 555 E 15th Ave, Eugene OR 97401. Cover letter and resume can also be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.